|The drive head is an important part of the Thickener & Clarifier mechanism. The experience in making sedimentation equipments and careful research resulted in the design of drive heads. Sedimentation equipment offered are applicable in effluent treatment plants, water treatment plants, chemical industry and mineral industry. In an installation, Sedimentation drive operates at a low value of output torque. This torque starts climbing and alarm on the drive control actuates warning the operator, as long as the solids input equals the solids output from the mechanism. The thicker and clarifier mechanism uses three types of drives: “W” Series, “B” Series and “C” Series.
- The Hydraulic Drive Head comprises a drive unit with bull gear and pinion which is driven by a planetary gear system intern by a hydraulic motor, by a hydraulic power pack.
- There is a torque transducers in the unit for actuating the overload alarm and for generating an output signal.
- These have reliable and adjustable torque sensing, and increased torque capacity.
- The main spur gears, alloy bronze worm gears, hardened steel worms and alloy steel pinions are mounted on bearings and enclosed by dust tight cast iron housings for the purpose of oil lubrication.
- The drives offered with slew ring bearing in order to withstand high load.